Like olive, avocado, and coconut oil, it consists of mostly saturated and monounsaturated fat. It is solid at room temperature and can be stored in your pantry for months. This is where the British term for a pantry, the “larder”, got its name! It is not only prized for its flavor, baking qualities, and high heat cooking, it also offers many health benefits:
- the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K which are only found in animal products and are necessary for our health.
- These nutrients contribute to hormonal, neurological and cardiovascular health
- as well as bone and muscle growth and immune function.
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid, a powerful anti-inflammatory antioxidant that is also an effective fat burner.
- a unique ratio of Omega 3 and Omega 6 fats. Both are essential because our body is unable to make them.
- CLA fatty acid may support weight loss/management/KETO friendly
- helps absorb essential vitamins
- high in choline which supports the nervous system
- for in-depth information, learn more from The Weston A. Price Foundation and Here
Good Bones tallow starts by hand-selecting the right fats from the same animals we use when creating our custom blend of bones to make our broth. We source exactly what we want and have 100% traceability over the freshest possible ingredients. After scaling our batch, the rendering begins and lasts for several days.
The result is pure white tallow perfect for cooking: frying, roasting, braising, basting, sautéing, and traditional pastry. recipes. Simply put, you'll find none finer!